The Huntwick Civic Association, Inc. (“HCA”), in accordance with Texas Property Code 209.00593(a-1), provides notice to the owners, soliciting candidates interested in running for a position on the HCA Board of Directors. This notice will also be posted on HCA’s website and emailed to all owners who have registered an email address with HCA. Pursuant to HCA’s By-Laws, the owners elect the directors whose terms expire at the annual meeting, and then the directors elect from among themselves each officer or committee position.
HCA’s ten directors serve for staggered two-year terms. Six directors will be elected by the owners for a two-year term at the next HCA annual meeting on February 19, 2020. As of the December 10 newsletter deadline, four of the six directors whose terms are expiring in February 2020 have indicated that they are willing to continue serving Huntwick, if re-elected by the owners.
Those four incumbents are Wanda Baker (Membership & Activities), Maribeth Sklenka (Secretary), Kelly Kennepp (Web Director) and Carl Shannon (Security). Two directors whose terms are expiring will not be seeking re-election by the owners: Cheston Cooper (Vice President & Intercommunity Relations Director) and John Davidson (President). The remaining four directors’ terms expire in February 2021: Jeff Handojo (Treasurer), Van English (Deed Restrictions), Laura Holder (Beautification), and John Crookshanks (Maintenance).
Any candidate wishing to be placed on the February ballot must submit the candidate’s name, address, telephone number, and brief biographical information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 13, 2020. Candidates with any questions may contact the President at 713-715-8491 before that deadline. The ballots, including the candidates’ biographical info and proposed HCA budget, will be distributed in the February 1, 2020, Herald to all owners.
Huntwick Civic Association, Inc.
Regular Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 7:30 pm
HRF Club House, 5300 Coral Gables Dr.
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
- Registration of Owners in attendance.
- Call Meeting to Order; Determination of a Quorum.
- Adopt the Agenda.
- Owners’ forum (2 min. time limit/person).
- Approve Minutes from prior meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report: Jeff Handojo: IRS requirements re 2017-2018; $45k to Fidelity for higher interest rate of return
- Committee Reports
- Deed Restrictions: Van English
- ACC: Van English
- Beautification: Laura Holder
- Inter-Comm. Relations: Cheston Cooper
- Maintenance: John Crookshanks
- Membership and Activities: Wanda Baker
- Security Coordinator: Carl Shannon
- Security Director: Carl Shannon
- Website Director: Kelly Kennepp
- Secretary: Maribeth Sklenka
- President and Billing Agent Report: John Davidson: report on collections of annual maintenance fee and resident service fee.
- New Business. Consider outsourcing some website technical functions to third party provider; approve director job descriptions; approve publication policy; discuss budget for next year; determine number of replacement directors needed for Feb 2020; consider Harris county commissioner court proposal to eliminate need for state representative approval of 4% low income housing funds.
- Adjourn into Executive Session, if needed, for any topic below:
a. Legal Matters, including pending or threatened litigation, and communications with outside counsel; discuss/decide on hiring attorney to collect past due fees.
b. Pending ACC Issues
c. Personnel Issues: approve independent contractor contract with security coordinator. .
d. Contract negotiations: trash service contract
e. Enforcement actions
f. Privacy issues of individual owners;
g. Confidential matters at request of any owner and with agreement of board
- Reconvene Open Session from Executive Session; Summarize topics discussed in Executive Session and any expenditure approved.
- Notice of Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 7:30 pm at HRF. .
If you have any questions, please contact any of the directors by clicking on the “Contact Us” link below.
Huntwick Civic Association
Board of Directors