Huntwick Special Called Meeting
Thursday, January 31, 2019, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Champion Forest Baptist Church Multipurpose Building
(just off Strack Road behind the main building)
15555 Stuebner Airline Road
Houston, Texas 77069
- Welcome Remarks by Joel Moore, President, Huntwick Civic Association
- Presentation of Options for Privatizing Huntwick by Barbara Hodge, Huntwick Resident
- Questions and Answers, Moderated and Timed
- Next Steps and Closing Remarks by Joel Moore
Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to participate in this neighborhood event. In anticipation of a large and interested turnout, we want to be clear about a few things:
- This is a presentation. It is not a debate.
Its purpose is to present to the Huntwick public a proposed set of options to enhance the security, privacy, and value of Huntwick.
- No votes will be taken on this issue at this meeting.
We also anticipate many questions, and we want to be able to entertain and answer them. Therefore, we are offering three ways to allow your voice to be heard:
- Questions in advance: You can check and submit online at https://huntwickforest.com/gating-questions-and-answers/ or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be scanned to alleviate repetition. You are welcome to remain anonymous or reveal your name; please indicate your preference when you submit your questions. Please make sure that your questions are relevant, clear, concise, and civil. Questions that do not meet these criteria will be deleted. Questions might be edited for clarity, brevity, and tone.
- Questions on site at the presentation: Please bring paper and writing instrument with you to the meeting and please hold all questions until the end of the presentation. If you wish to remain anonymous, don’t write your name on your paper. If you wish to be attributed, please add your name. These written questions will be collected by board members, then scanned for repeats while the advance questions are being read and answered. Once the scanning is complete, the moderator will read the newly submitted questions and they will be answered.
- Following this “formal” part of the Q&A, if you have remaining questions that have not been addressed, please raise your hand and a microphone will be brought to you. Please state your name. You are limited to two minutes.
And now, before I close, I want you to know that:
- We want to hear you, and we also want to hear everyone else who has something to ask as well; so please do not speak while someone else is speaking. This interferes with everyone’s ability to hear and is disrespectful to the designated speaker.
- A document of the Q&As will be created and made available to all Huntwick residents upon request, as will a printed version of the presentation.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you Thursday night!
Huntwick Civic Association