There were questions about automobile battery disposal at the last HCA meeting, so here are some options for those and items in general that cannot be thrown away with normal trash or put in your recycling bin, if you are using a recycling service.
The most convenient way to dispose of items is by calling Champions Industries, 281-587-1960, and ask them what the charges are for the items to be disposed of. They will come by and pick up. F you are using another recycling service, you might call them and ask as well.
If desired, you can also use a Harris County disposal site. For batteries specifically, use this link:
For other item, like paint, use this link:
Note that the site above requires an appointment, but you should not have any problem.
Also, note that paint that is completely dried out can be thrown away as normal trash. If you have a can that has more than you want to wait on (to dry out), you can fill it with kitty litter to cover the paint and let the kitty liter do its work. Once absorbed, they can be thrown away.
I will also mention that these Harris County sites offer the service at no charge to residents, so be sure you have a valid ID to prove where you live.
If you are reading this in the paper version of the Huntwick Herald, then you can also go to
www.huntwickforest.com so you can click on the links without typing them in.
Huntwick Civic Association, Inc.
Regular Board Meeting
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 at 7:30pm
Location: 5300 Coral Gables Dr, Houston, TX 77069
- Registration of owners in attendance.
- Call meeting to order and determination of a quorum.
- Adopt the agenda.
- Owners’ forum (2 min. time limit/person)
- Approve minutes from prior meeting
- Treasurer’s report: Jeff Handojo.
- Committee Reports:
- Deed Restrictions: Van English
- DR Am. Com: Van English
- ACC: Van English
- Beautification: Laura Holder
- Inter-Comm. Relations: Scott Torres
- Maintenance: Mark Newman
- Cap. Proj. Imp. Com: Scott Torres
- Security Director: Carl Shannon
- Membership and Activities: Blythe Palamara
- Website Director: Amber Jarvis
- Secretary: Maribeth Sklenka
- President and billing agent report (Brad Aiken):
- Report on collections of annual maintenance fee and resident service fee.
- New Business: potential permanent remote meeting solution.
- Continuing Business: New state laws regarding property owners’ associations
- Adjourn into Executive Session, if needed, for any topic below:
- Legal matters, including pending or threatened litigation, and communications with outside counsel.
- Pending ACC issues.
- Personnel issues.
- Contract negotiations.
- Enforcement actions.
- Privacy issues of individual owners.
- Confidential matters at request of any owner and with agreement of board.
- Reconvene Open Session from Executive Session; Summarize topics discussed in Executive Session and any expenditure approved.
- Notice of Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, September, 14 2021 at 7:30 pm at HRF or remote.
Please take a moment and sign-up for the Neighborhood News E-mail communication by visiting: Huntwick Forest Neighborhood News
This is the best way to keep you informed of events in our community!