Security in Huntwick
You have chosen a very safe neighborhood, thanks to a proactive Sheriff’s Department and to the watchful eyes and involvement of the Huntwick citizens. These two entities are essential and work together to maintain our outstanding security program.
In Huntwick, Security is provided by the Harris County Sheriff’s Department through the District 1 station on Cypresswood Drive. Deputies from this station regularly patrol our community. We have a full time Security Coordinator who is a Huntwick resident and acts as our interface with the sheriff’s Department and Deputies. The Huntwick Civic Association (HCA provides oversight of Security activities though a Security Director, who is an elected member of the HCA Board.
At a recent Crime Summit Captain Hitchcock of the Sheriff’s Department commented that ‘Huntwick has one of the best security systems in place within any/and all unincorporated areas of Harris County.’ For this reputation of a safe and secure neighborhood, most of the thanks go to our Security Coordinator, Carl Shannon, and to the deputies and the residents who remain vigilant and aware.
Security also maintains the Huntwick Information Line. On occasion, it is necessary to advise residents of important community and/or security issues. Residents are alerted to recorded messages on the Huntwick Information Line by the flashing blue lights installed at the Clubhouse on Glen Erica, Donut Lake, and the Strack Road entrance to Huntwick.
Security Phone Numbers
- Emergency: 911
- Sheriff’s Department Dispatcher: 713-221-6000
- Security Coordinator: 281-562-8287
- Security Director: 562-714-6845
- Information Line: 713-364-8869
Security Watch Form
If you are planning to take a vacation, don’t forget to complete a Vacation Watch Request Form and Submit it to the Harris County Sherrif’s Department (mailing address is incuded on the form).
Basic Security Precautions
- Lock your house whether you are at home or leaving home.
- Park your cars in the garage, if possible, or in your driveway, if not.
- Lock your cars and close garage doors especially during the night hours.
Helpful Security Information:
- For an Emergency: Dial 911
- For Immediate Deputy Assistance: Call the Sheriff’s Department Dispatcher: 713-221-6000.
- To report an incident/request information about Security: Call the Security Coordinator: 713-437-9994
- For a Vacation/Security Watch on your residence: Call: 832-927-2997
- To reach the information line for a Security /Information Alert (Blue Light Flashing): Call the info line at 713-364-8869
Information for residents considering installing home alarm systems
Home owners planning to have an alarm system installed in their residence is required to furnish the contracted security alarm company with three (3) emergency numbers. The 911 emergency number is not accepted by the alarm company — but, we, as private citizens are to continue calling 911 for all emergencies. Listed below are the emergency numbers that give the alarm company monitors the ability to call directly to the responsible agency:
- Harris County Sheriff’s Dispatcher – 713-221-6000
- Champions Fire Department Dispatcher – 281-537-8555
- Cypress Creek E.M.S. Dispatcher – 281-440-4300